Toronto Fashion Incubator is starting a new fashion program, FASHION YOUR FUTURE, for budding accessory designers between the ages of 20 and 29. The program, funded by the Government of Ontario as part of the Youth Job Strategy and supported by the City of Toronto, roll out in 3 phases to introduce youth to all aspects of starting and developing a successful fashion business. This program is projected to engage 60 youths who want to start a fashion accessory business in the Canadian market. At the end of the program, 10 top youth will be chosen to participate in phase two and produce a spring 2016 accessory collection with help from a mentor and a TFI micro grant. The top three collections will be featured in TFI’s Press & Buyers Trade Show taking place in October at World MasterCard Fashion Week in Toronto.
There will also be free information session, to learn more about the program,
Information Session Schedule,
• July 2, 3:00 p.m., U For Change, 563 Dundas St. East
• July 6, 3:00 p.m., Toronto Fashion Incubator, 285 Manitoba Dr.
• July 7, 3:00 p.m., Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St. West
• July 13, 3:00 p.m., Metro Hall, 55 John St.
• July 15, 2:00 p.m., Regent Park Aquatic Centre, 640 Dundas St. East
• July 16, 3:00 p.m., U For Change, 563 Dundas St. East
For more information about the program or to register, check TFI’s website or contact contact Laycee Catalano, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-971-7117 ext. 30. or click on the schedule to sign up for the information session.